Massgov Logo
Health and Human Services
  Department of Transitional Assistance

What to Bring wih you to the site:

  • Proof of identification: Valid driver’s license or other photo ID.
  • Social Security cards, a Social Security number verification letter, or other U.S. government document verification for all persons you may list on the return.
  • Birth dates for you and all your dependents you may list on your tax return.
  • Copies of last year's federal and state returns. If necessary, contact the IRS for a copy or transcript.
  • Proof of all income for all people on your tax return: Forms W-2 and 1099, Social Security, unemployment and other statements, such as pensions, stocks, interest and any documents showing taxes withheld. If you own or run a business or farm, collect records of all your income.
  • Dependent child care information: Provide the name and address of child caretakers you paid and either their Social Security number or other tax identification number.
  • Records of your expenses, such as tuition, mortgage interest, real estate taxes and charitable contributions. If you own or run a business or farm, collect records of all your expenses.
  • If you purchased coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace, provide Form 1095-A, or provide a Health Insurance Marketplace Statement. Contact the Massachusetts Health Connector at 1-877-623-6765.
  • Total rent you paid in 2016: Provide landlord or rental agent’s name and address.
  • Proof of bank routing numbers and account numbers, such as a blank check, for your refund.
  • If you e-file a joint return, bring your spouse to sign forms.